Saturday, February 6, 2010

Candle Flame

Got a game.
Wanna play?
What's it called.
Candle Flame.

Never heard of it.
How do you play?
Step 1. Candle lit
Step 2. Blow away.

That's stupid and pointless.
It's not even a game...
But i think I'll play
Nonetheless.

It's not as easy
As it seems
I want you to play
Just to show me.

AND STOP. *screech* This is where i lost interest and got bored. This is my limit of rhyming. I aint no black guy. Na meen?

Anyway, the so called "Candle Flame" game is really simple to play. You can play it all by yourself and it's definitely not something you should play when you're drunk or stoned (whatever makes you happy). Why you ask ? Because you're messed up bro/sista. OK i seriously need to stop with the black slang. Let's move on shall we?

The Game

Light a candle and just blow. But before you blow, think of the things in your life you do/use/stuff/think everyday which you can actually live without. Think how your life would be without these things or feelings. Example:- Cars, Perfumes, Money, TV etc.

To explain better, I'm going to tell you what i did. I lit a candle and before blowing it away, i closed my eyes, thought about how an entire day would go without smoking, drinking, my not-so-cool phone. Now the aim is, i will blow the flame only when I'm completely sure that i can live without these things. That means i can blow out the candle when i know for sure, like a million percent sure i can quit smoking and drinking and live like a saint. Right? I might as well grow a beard, wear some saffron cloth and go live in a forest.

But then i thought i should try it out for a day at least to test out the "game". So, i went an entire day without drinking, smoking. I lit the candle at exactly 7 a.m and i was going to blow it off only when i was absolutely sure. The smoking was easy to control and the drinking to some extent, but I lasted only a few hours before i gave up and opened up my laptop to play The Doors and light up.

What is the entire point of this thing?

It made me realize a lot of things though. Yes, i gave up. That is because i have no control over my thoughts. There are many things all of us do everyday we don't know why we do. We don't realize that we can't function without having some form of intoxication or technology (Same thing actually). What is this craving for something to distract us from doing something, achieving something?

How many of us can actually divide our needs and wants? Most of us think our wants are our needs and our needs are our wants. In the end, it all comes down to how much or how many wants versus needs. Think about it, look around. How much of the stuff lying around you do you actually need? NEED. Not want, need.

Sort out your trash and don't take everything for granted just because you have an unlimited supply of flashy, shiny things coming from a source called D.A.D. I'm not asking you to do anything. Just think about it.

Go ahead, now blow away that candle.

2 comments:

  1. now thts exactly the game i am playing.. only thing amiss is a candle !!
    good stuff!! try for easier goals for the starts!!:P

    ReplyDelete