Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The World is Round, She will be found.

When i first moved to Pune, i felt lost, lonely and very irritated with the fact that i was stuck in this city for another 3 years. Why i chose this city in the first place bothered me. I won't say much but it was for a girl. Now after a few months of understanding Pune and the people here, i learned to live with the fact that this is home now and i have to embrace it. I go to a college which doesn't have any interesting people. No offence guys but i'm very selective about the people i hang out with. It's just my nature.

Let me describe my perfect girl- Aggresive, dog lover, loves Morrison, lives to eat and someone who won't go blow some other guy behind my back. That's all i ask. Too much ?

Anyway,
One obvious fact about Pune- It has only 38% of local population (i.e.Marathi). The rest being 20% North Indians,10% Tamilians, 14% Telugus, 10% Keralites ( They're freaking everywhere), 8% Europeans (Koregaon Park), 5% Africans, 2% Bengalis and 6% a mixture of all races. Now for a single guy like me, it shouldn't be hard to find a nice decent girl out of these.

As i mentioned, i'm very choosy about people around me so let's break it down.

Marathi- Don't really know about them or their culture that much but they are a fun bunch of people. Though there are only a few i could get along with. I have not yet met a Marathi girl who i can have a fun conversation with.

North Indians- No comments.

Tamilians- Haven't come across one YET. But, i'm looking forward to meeting one. They're fun and at least i'll have something to talk to them about. Chennai being the Jamaica of India.

Telegus- I have a lot of friends who are Telegaites ( Is that the right spelling?). First of all, their food is just awesome. If i had a Telegaite as a girlfriend, i'd be eating at her place everyday.

Mallus- Now, my mom would be the happiest if i hooked up with a mallu but it just ruins the entire equation. I'm "half" mallu. Quite like it that way.

Europeans- They're weird. Period. Maybe a one night stand but i don't think i can get into a relationship with one. Hey, that's just me. You might get a boner watching a blonde wash a car. I'm into Brunettes.

Africans- Hell yeah! But then again, i haven't encountered one yet.

Bengalis- Nope. Nothing there. Fish and mishti ? Not my thing.

6% of mixed races- Very unlikely.

Now all this thinking somehow doesn't make sense. There's no need to go so in depth and get so passionate about finding a nice girl to talk to. Is there?

I had lost all hopes of finding the perfect woman for me. Played the field, got tired, gave up.

But then- 2 nights ago, when the rains had just hit the city, i decided to take a walk and go to my favorite restaurant for dinner. It was a peaceful walk, i put on my headphones, got my pack of smokes and just walked. I walked past the line of roadside cafes, the bakeries, and walked past loads of other shit which is irrelevant. What the fuck am i on about what's there on the road. *Smoke Break*

And we're back. So it was a peaceful walk, the weather was awesome and suddenly i felt like I'm going to meet her tonight. Just an intuition. The feeling was so strong. I just knew that after 6 months of living alone, in the city, I'm finally going to meet her tonight. I stepped into the rooftop restaurant and placed myself at my regular table. I made a few calls, because i was bored. I hate eating alone.

The waiter( who is called Elvis) recommended something which i didn't quite hear that well. So he went away as i continued with my phone calls. I hung up, lit a smoke and waited for Elvis to bring me my beer and food. And then, And then, There she was. GASP!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

TO BE CONTINUED! Hahahah Suckers!

1 comment:

  1. why indulge in racism??
    And what's specifically so weird about north indians that does'nt even get an explanation!! bugger!!

    ReplyDelete